Pages

Translate

Saturday, June 22, 2013

The Man of Steel is a little brittle.

So the Marvel V.S. DC debate is a long and tired argument and not one that will take place here (although I am going to have to reference the comic book universe a little bit)
If you want to hear my voice about the movies, please watch this video (it's crappy, but hey, it's my first time).

Okay, let's start with Man of Steel. So,  there are some great voices out there that talk about the flik itself (this one being probably my favorite). The one thing that bothered me the whole flik was the over use of lens flare (Check this to understand more about lens flare). It really took me out of the movie after a while. I mean I get it, it's pretty cool. But good grief. Remember that to much of a good thing is a bad thing.

There was a lot to like about the movie though. General Zod has always been one of my favorite Superman Villains and the actor they got to play him, Michael Shannon, did a fantastic job of playing the "I'll do my job regardless of the collateral damage I do".

The movie felt rushed. It's 2 hours long and it feels rushed. I can't blame them though, cause a Superman Origin Movie has to hit certain things. It has to establish his parentage and the self-destruction of Krypton, at least part of his youth on the Kent farm, him finding out he's Kryptonian, getting Lois Lane in the picture as well...yeah...a lot. So I give them a little bit of leeway here.

The Dice give the movie a 7/10. I was underwhelmed. Simply put. If you can watch the video (it's a little hard cause I'm an idiot and had music playing you'll see more about why I didn't like the movie.)

No comments:

Post a Comment