Pages

Translate

Saturday, July 18, 2015

Kung Fury...This post is about as late as this movie

I grew up watching 80's VHS in the 90's...cause I was poor and couldn't stay with current trends. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: Secret of the Ooze, 3 NinjasSurf Ninjas (Yes, that's Rob Schneider) were movies that I ended up destroying due to over watching. Ninja's were a big part of my growing up and I always wanted to learn martial arts (I'm kinda fat now making it difficult).

Now, this day and age has it's fair share of martial arts movies. China's film market has released more than several recently (I highly suggest that you take a look through Netflix's Martial Arts/Asian section) but many of them are missing that over the top, childish humor that Kung Fury has. While not directed for kids (due to some intense violence and a couple F-bombs), it contains that over the top action and lines that you would expect from a blend of TMNT 2 and Hard Boiled.
\
The story of Kung Fury is about a cop/kung fu master named Kung Fury. He obtained his powers after another kung fu master killed his partner (a father figure) and Fury was struck by lightning and bitten by a cobra at the same time. I think that's all I need to say to explain how awesome this 30 min punchfest is. Through unknown means, Hilter a.k.a. Kung Furher has traveled to the "present" and began murdering all the things. With the help of Hackerman, Kung Fury travels back through time to stop Hitler from ever traveling to the present. However, he goes back too far and ends up in the "Viking Age"...where there are Laser Raptors...Laser RAPTORS!!!!!

I won't spoil anymore since, well, the novelty is kind of the gig.

the roll of the dice give this short movie a 9/10. It's something to watch once or twice and get more than a few laughs. I don't think there's going to be a sequel and I think that's a good thing really, since lightning doesn't always strike the same place twice.

No comments:

Post a Comment